Me in 13 statements because it is my favorite number
1. I love when Friday the 13th roles around because, although I don't believe in "luck", it is a day that something good always happens to me.
2. I own way to much make-up and nail polish and can talk about it all day- but ask me about geography and I will say- that's why they invented GPS.
3. If it can be created artistically, I want to try it- Cosmetologist of 20+ years, advertising design major, logo designer, make-up artist for models and photographers and also was a traveling bridal stylist (would go to homes and get the entire bridal party ready for the wedding from hair to make-up).
4. I owned a modeling agency called "Silk" models- tagline: my models are smooth as silk. My new company: RAD Design & Development, LLC.
5. Pink is my favorite color.
6. Born in Jersey, but I love to travel, mother of 2 teenagers, modeled, did some soaps in NY and was a urged to become an actor in LA (maybe one day). (I can locate those on a map- smile)
7. Nickname: Carmel Barbie
8. I love cupcakes and have tried, 80-90% of the cupcakes in NYC. If they are solid and paper weight quality, I can't get past the first bite.
9. I started a blog under the inspiration of my friend, "Barbie" who is a fashion stylist. Pretty til dawn concept is because I feel you can be pretty around the clock. My name (Dawn) just happen to fit in the pun.
10. I have a business and technical side: I implemented and or managed vendor management systems for top agencies/corps like Saatchi & Saatchi and BMS. (and everyone always says, "so what do you do?"
11. Both my parents and my brother are ministers. Although these traits usually run in the family, I think my forte is to teach about make-up and style and self appreciation.
12. Proud moment in life- I used to travel to middle and high schools in the tri-state area and teach students that it's okay to be awkward and don't conform to peer pressure. You are you and should walk tall and be proud. If you are speak with authority, walk like there is a string attached and pulling you by the top of your head and look people in the eye, your confidence will come. Believe it or not- they hear it enough, they believe it and come out of their shell!.
13. Most used statement when people guess my age and I respond: "OMG- you are not that OLD"