Sephora in NY on Broadway had so many shades of the “Blasted” polish that I couldn’t decide which to take home. I bought one flat base- gray “Break a Leg-Warmer” and tried an array of Blasted shades over the gray base. The colors above are Blasted in “Silver, Red, Electric Blue, Gold, Turquoise and White”. If you want a dark and mysterious look, the red over the grey looks like a “True Blood” dedication. The silver over the gray is more sparkly. but I look forward for Autumn to arrive to wear that one. The Turquoise Blasted over China Glaze “Flip Flop Fantasy” was fun and a “blast” for teens. The Red blasted over the Flip Flop Fantasy is not really elegant, but if you are looking for a crazed look, than that will do it. My favorite is gold.
Key tips to help with the application:
1. If you apply it too thick, the shatter will be minimum.
2. The glitter shades requires less applied than the flat shades to shatter.
3. If applied too thin, a second coat will simply fill in cracks, not shatter more (swipe clean and start over).
4. Minimum required polish is at least a base coat for the shatter to work; a clean or gel coated nail, does not activate the polish.
5. Let the first coat of polish dry. Applying to wet polish will shatter in some cases, but will not show the color underneath as much.
6. If you apply a really thin coat, the shatter affect is horizontal only, in lines as you can see in the Turquoise picture below.
7. The top coat makes all the shades pop whether using the flat or glitter.
There are so many shades released by Sephora that everyone can have a little fun. I will post with Shattered applied only as a french. The bottle at Sephora is $9.50 but seems it will last for some time if you need to justify the price.